Welcome to the start of a new decade! The 2020s have arrived – I wonder if they’ll roar like a century ago?
Someone was saying to me on New Year’s Eve that my generation (apparently I’m part of Generation X, although the traits of this ‘generation’ doesn’t exactly make me feel like I want to be part of it!) will be the last generation to know about both the 1920s and the 2020s.
Before I embark on this new exciting year I’ve taken time to reflect on 2019 and thought I’d share with you a few of JayKay Events’ highlights…
- The first has to be that JayKay Events is still going strong after three years in business, making us ahead of the third of businesses who fail before their third birthday.
- The number of people/businesses I’ve connected with has significantly grown – both on social media and personally.
- I’ve worked on such a variety of events including:
- A book launch for a published author
- A Japanese themed evening for clients
- An office launch
- Charity golf day
- Ladies afternoon tea
- Client entertaining
- Charity events – a black tie ball, dinner with celebrity guest speaker, a number of lunches
- A number of seminars/training sessions
- Running networking training sessions
- The networking group JK Business Club was created two years ago and has grown in reputation and membership
- I’ve employed a marketing strategist to help JayKay Events planned growth
- I’ve employed a virtual PA to help with the administration of the business
- I’ve continued to grow my great relationships with well known venues including Chester Zoo, Chester Cathedral, The Abode, The Chester Grosvenor, Crowne Plaza, as well as smaller venues to support them.
- We’ve worked with some great clients, some of who are ad hoc and some who have regular event management
I’m so proud of every achievement!
But on to 2020! What can you look forward to?
I’m very excited to be working on a number of projects already, including:
- A charity Champagne tasting night at the Chester Grosvenor
- An international 4 day conference
- More client entertaining
- Another run of seminars
- Networking training sessions for a corporate client
- Offering more networking opportunities to connections
- Working on a fundraising committee for a local sports team
My main aim for the year is to continue to build my connections, provide expert advice for people wishing to network effectively and build their own connections with potential clients and referrers, advise business owners/business development managers on how to put on excellent events and grow my client base.