An event is never just an event!

There’s always a message and an aim behind it – or at least there should be!

It’s been so hard to run any kind of client engagement event or staff event over the last 14 months. The online facility has been a fantastic substitute, but words are only 7% of our communication – leaving a whopping 93% as non verbal! And to get non verbal communication across we really need to be together.

So, let’s get back to it!

There are so many different ways to network and grow your business, create new connections and build on established relationships.

Here are a few ways you could do just that…

Attend regular networking meetings

Whether you join a pay as you go group or a membership group, regular attendance is vital to get other attendees to know, trust and like you…and that’s the start of every relationship.

Being a one-hit wonder doesn’t allow people to get to know you properly, and going in with an attitude of “what’s in it for me” instead of “how can I help” will make you seem pushy and possibly too sales-y and selfish.

Treat your team

Looking after your staff is essential to the smooth running of your business. Make sure they feel trusted and valued by having excellent HR policies in place, maybe an open door policy so they know they can air grievances without fear, run staff engagement events (awards night, team dinner & drinks, team building, Christmas/special occasion parties).

Client engagement events

A perfect way to become/continue as a preferred supplier is to remain in your clients mind by inviting them along to a special evening – a fun night bowling or similar light-hearted activity, a golf day, day at the races, an exclusive evening event – anything that makes them feel special!

Seminar/conference

Showcase your skills and expertise by holding training sessions in the form of a seminar or invite guest speakers in and extend it to a conference. Each has their own place so depending on your event aim depends on which will work for you

Organise your own networking

This could be a business breakfast in your own conference room or a ladies afternoon tea at a quality venue. Maybe it’s as easy as showing off your offices with a Meet The Team event.

There are numerous ways to make an impact with your clients but the last thing you want to make an impact with is a poor quality event. JK works with you to discuss the aims of the event and then plans and delivers it to your specification and budget…keeping you informed all the way and guiding your with ideas to make sure it’s everything you wish for and more!

JK has an offering of 3 different services

Bronze – Plan & Advise

  • Strategy planning meeting
  • Advise on what type of event would work
  • Advise on costs, best suppliers, best venues
  • Marketing strategy
  • Pre-event meeting with client to finalise details
  • Pre-event meeting with front of house staff to guide and advise them on their duties

Silver – Supplier Liaison

Everything in the Bronze Package plus

  • JK manages preferred suppliers directly
  • Book venues and all catering
  • Accommodation as required
  • Travel arrangements as required
  • Evening entertainment
  • Liaise with printers for invites, RSVP cards etc
  • Regular updates on event progression
  • Manage suppliers on the day

Gold – Full Event Service

Everything in the Bronze & Silver Packages plus:

  • Create a calendar of events
  • Manage guest lists and RSVPs
  • Book guest speakers
  • Book production Team
  • Sponsorship opportunities
  • Marketing plan
  • Manage front of house staff on the day
  • Manage guest hosts on the day
  • Manage event on the day
  • Be point of contact for all involved in the event
  • Ensure event runs smoothly and troubleshoot issues as they arise

To discuss what could work for you, please get in touch with Judith Kenyon, Events Director on events@jaykayevents.co.uk or tel 07941 986806